The following supplies may be necessary to protect and sustain your employees in the event that you are temporarily stranded in the office building. It is recommended to keep the following on-hand:
- Water – keep at least a three-day supply of purified water. It is recommended that you stock two quarts of water per day, per employee.
- Batteries – keep a fresh supply.
- Radios – portable transistor radios with extra batteries and two-way radios.
- Fire Extinguisher
Additional Supplies to Consider
- Hard Hats & Goggles
- Work shoes
- Dust masks
- Sleeping bags & Cots
- Eating utensils
- Instant ice pack
- Pre-moistened towelettes
There are two designations placed on a Tornado: a WATCH and a WARNING. A Tornado WATCH indicates weather conditions are right for a tornado. A Tornado WARNING indicates that a tornado has been sighted in the immediate area.
In the Event of a Tornado Watch
- Whoever is made aware of the threatening weather should notify the office manager, designated Floor Warden and the Management Office (303-571-5000).
- Floor Warden or office managers should alert all staff of the watch.
In the Event of a Tornado Warning
- Move towards the center of the building and close the doors behind you.
- Floor Wardens and other emergency personnel will direct you towards corridors, stairwells and elevator lobbies.
- Do not exit these designated areas or use elevators.
- Protect yourself by placing your head close to your knees and covering your neck with your hands.
- If you cannot reach a corridor or lobby in time, the next safest place is under a desk, table or chair.
- Remain in the designated area until an announcement has been made by designated emergency personnel management that it is safe to return to your work station.
- Once everyone has returned to their workstation, emergency personnel should assist Building Management in accounting for all employees.
- If anyone has been injured, designated emergency personnel should assist where possible and follow the Medical Emergency Procedures.
- If any portion of your offices or surrounding building areas have been damaged, please notify Building Management immediately.